Friday, March 03, 2006

Where Did The Time Go?

I am proud to say these three children are mine. Granted, this picture was taken many years ago. But, it is one of my favorites. The oldest, Sarah, is 17 1/2 months older than the twins, Kara and Adam. They are all squished in a leather chair we still own and every grandchild finds his or her way into that chair. Sarah and Kara would wear tights on their heads when they wanted to pretend to have long hair. Adam could run the length of our backyard all my himself throwing a football and playing both teams at the same time. I marveled at them then and I marvel at each of them today. Sarah is now 38 and the twins are 37. I have watched them grow up and become beautiful, loving, intelligent, creative, hard working and giving adults. I could never have planned the directions they each have gone. They knew better than I did what they wanted and the paths they wanted to take to get there. I just know there is nothing better or more fulfilling than standing back and watching your children become who they are. Except maybe, when you see and hear them pass along to their own children some of what you hoped you taught them.

10 comments:

Adam Wright said...

The twins are 36, not 37.

Adam Wright said...

I had really big feet. Where did the big feet come from?

Judy Roo said...

laughing......a mother knows her children give or take knowing their right ages...sometimes I love being me....and other times...well?? you know adam, I could have just made the correction, but you sent it as a comment and that is how it is going to show up..: )

Judy Roo said...

about the feet adam....the better to play football with...I really think it's the angle.......and otherwise, I have no idea where they came from...you also have height that neither dad nor I have..

Anonymous said...

That was really nice. But I am glad that Adam corrected you! Don't age my any faster than I have to age! I am sure 37 will be fine, but right now 36 is good!

Who knew where each of us would end up and the path that we would take to get there. I think about that from time to time. I sure like where I am right now.

Anonymous said...

I was going to correct you, too! I am the oldest and they still won't be as old as me at their birthday. Wasn't 17 1/2 months close enough? You did a good job raising us. We did a good job turning out!

Adam Wright said...

Where are you right now? I sitting at the computer. Pretty soon i'll be sitting at a computer in Iowa and not in Georgia.

AJ

Anonymous said...

Adam, what?

Adam Wright said...

I gave my notice on Wednesday. May 11th, 2006 will be my last day at Georgia Carolina Radiocasting Companies, Inc. I start my new job in Iowa on June 5th, 2006.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!

I am so excited to see you! How did that whole 'notice' thing go??