Monday, March 13, 2006

School Days School Days....

I was going through some old pictures today and thought how lucky I am to have this picture. The year would be 1949 or 1950. It is a picture of my first grade classroom. The classroom was actually for both first and second graders, the desks were bolted to the floor and if you notice, all the children are sitting quietly with their hands folded on top of their desks. And, and, and...I just remembered the name of my teacher. For a while there, I was having a senior moment. Her name was Mrs. Tadsen. I am so glad I remembered.

2 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Are you sure that picture was taken in 1949 or 1950? I remember when I was growing up, you bought one of those 'old fashioned' school desks. But I never thought of you as 'old fashioned.'

SO I'm guessing you're either pulling my leg or these desks are more likely from the 60's.

Judy Roo said...

I love you adam.....I am quite sure when that picture was taken...I remember that old school desk and sometimes wish I still had it..not pulling your leg honey...maybe you are talking about the 1860's???