Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's My Party And I'll Say What I Want To

Today, March 16, 2006 is my 63rd birthday. I knew I wanted to write something for today, but wasn't sure what it would be until I found this picture and put it together with this particular song. I first heard this song in the movie, Witness. I always associated it with a certain playful romantic mood. But, when I listened to the words and put it with this picture, the meaning of something I strongly believe in snuck up on me. We all need and desire to be loved for who we are and not what we know or what we have done. How often we think we need to somehow earn love. At my party today, I want to say I hope we all know that we are loved by somebody simply because we were born. Love is not about accomplishment or achievement. It is about no matter how old or accomplished we become, we are all still the sweet, pure, innocent babies our parents held in their arms and counted our fingers and toes and laid for hours just looking at us, amazed at our beauty and perfection. We are still that sweet pure child who simply wants to be loved for ourselves.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe all that you wrote. And I believe it because you taught me! Thank you for that gift! Happy Birthday Mom! I love you! xoxoxox

Judy Roo said...

thank you darling....smile.....I love you too..xoxoxoxo..talk to you in the morning....and the afternoon..and the evening..: ) nite sarah

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Judy...

Adam Wright said...

Happy Birthday, Mom.

Over Christmas you told me, "Everyone Deserves To Have Someone Be Crazy About Them." I think you're a lucky lady because many people are crazy about you.

Judy Roo said...

thanks joe......I woke up to our second snowstorm of the week..but it is fitting because from what I hear.. on the day I was born there was a blizzard....I always wonder if it will snow on my birthday ....
I bet nobody knew I wondered that except me..now you all know something you didn't know : )

Judy Roo said...

thank you adam....I AM a lucky lady..there are so many people in my world that I am crazy about and I guess I am crazy about life...what a wonderful birthday this is....I love you adam..xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mom! I second Sarah! I believe what you wrote too, because that is what you taught us about life! I wish everyone lived by that truth.

Judy Roo said...

thank you kara......it is only 8:00 a.m. and I have already had the nicest and best birthday a person could have..I love you honey! xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Judy.

Judy Roo said...

thank you esther.....: )

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Judy! I have so many fond memories of spending time with your family. You always made me feel so welcome. I feel fortunate to have had you as one of the adults who influenced me growing up. As you know, I have a tendency to be kind of serious, but being with your family, I definitely had to learn how to laugh -- especially at myself. The basic acceptance I always sensed from you made me feel safe enough to do that. And by the way, thanks for raising a daughter with so many of the same qualities to offer her friends ;-)

Enjoy your celebration! I hope you have a fabulous birthday.

Judy Roo said...

hi lara......thank you {{{{{{{{lara}}}}}}}}..you will always be a part of my emotional family....I am having a wonderful birthday...and I am so glad you have come in to visit my blog and have taken the time to write your comments...it has been really nice!!