Monday, March 20, 2006

It Starts Somewhere..

Sometimes we have to look outside ourselves to find the inside.
The thunderous roar stills my soul and calms by breathing.
The gentle power reminds me I am not alone.


(A number of years ago I put together a book of photos and verse as a creative outlet following my mother's death. The above is one of the pages from my book. The picture is of my son, Adam, as he looks out at the Pacific Ocean. Notice, that there are no footprints behind him. I find this picture beautiful and soothing and spiritual. My daughter, Sarah, took the picture.)

7 comments:

Adam Wright said...

I still remember the day that picture was taken.

AJ

Judy Roo said...

it was a long time ago adam...I have had this picture in my office for years.......clients love it...they find it very soothing.....I think it is peaceful and reflective.....it always makes me think of where a wave starts.....how deep down under the surface it starts before we even know it exists.........

Anonymous said...

Let's see, does this post say anything about me??

Judy Roo said...

hi sarah roo......it says you took the photo? is that what you mean?

Adam Wright said...

Maybe it means she captured the moment? Or the feeling in the picture?

Sarah and I had a good time that weekend.

Anonymous said...

No, I just wanted this to be about me. But it's nice that you two are so poetic about my intentions!

Yes, Adam, we did have a nice time that weekend. :)

Judy Roo said...

sarah.......you are so funny...I really laughed.......