Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's Me, Derek


Hi everyone! Some of you know I have been sick. I learned yesterday that I have an ear infection. It is funny, too, because just two days before that when the doctor checked my ears, they were fine. I also have a respiratory infection and it makes it hard to breathe. I breathe kind of fast and loud. Then, about 20 minutes after I have some medicine, I feel better for a little bit and it makes me happy. The things that make this hard are when I have to take my medicine and when I have to have a nebulizer treatment. Boy, I hate both those things! I cry and my chin and lips quiver. Everybody just keeps telling me those things are going to make be better. I sure hope so! I haven't been sleeping well at all either. Yesterday, my dad took me for a long ride in the car and I got a little sleep. Later, I learned Dad got a little nap too, but he pulled over for that. Meanwhile, Mom was getting a rest and gramma was playing with Davey. He gave her a workout! They played ALL day! I heard Davey say to Daddy when they were standing in the kitchen, "Daddy, I love gramma!" Gramma heard it too and boy did it make her smile! When it was time for gramma to go home, Davey brought her her coat and told her to have a good seepy and sweet dreams. I think Dad, Mom and gramma were surprised to hear him say those things. Then he hugged gramma and I saw him pat and rub her shoulder. That made her smile even more. And, then, he walked her to the front door. I think she drove home smiling the whole way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Derek and Davey are sure cute punkins!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! He sure doesn't look too unhappy. Hope Derek is feeling better soon!

Davey is so sweet. I don't know if a boy has ever been so close to his gramma - even Joshy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Derek…I’m so sorry to hear you were sick and I hope you are feeling much better now.
It’s though being a baby sometimes but with such loving parents and grandparents, you will see it through and… be assured… everything will get better.
Love you. Keep smiling.

Adam Wright said...

Great picture

Judy Roo said...

I am happy to report that derek is feeling better..he is eating again..and not throwing it up...he is sleeping again...and through it all he was just as cute as this picture.......