Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sometimes....You Just Need Your Mommy


This is a picture of Kara and me from last June, 2005 when I was able to go with Kara to New Jersey for her work. We had so much fun and it was a time to be remembered. We were able to go into New York City a couple of days, see a play, eat out, go on a bus tour in the rain and basically exhaust ourselves with pure fun and joy. One of the funnest moments was when we were waiting, at midnight, in the Port Authority Bus Terminal for the last bus of the night back to our hotel. We were absolutely punchy! We laughed and laughed and if you ever hear the two of us laughing at the same time, it is quite the experience. A funny and quite remarkable thing happened that night as we laughed in the basically empty bus terminal. We had laughed so long and loud that I guess we were taking a break and a man, who appeared to be homeless, walked over to us and said, "You stopped laughing! It was so nice to hear you laugh!" But, I didn't intend to write about that story. It just crossed my mind on my way to telling you what I came to tell you. Welcome to the family! Kara and Amelia came over today and we played the Ungame. It is a game where there are no winners or losers. It is just a game of questions that help us learn about ourselves and others. One of the questions Kara got was..What was the best thing about your day today? She looked at me and said, "I got to have my mommy!" Sometimes, you just need your mommy. I don't think it took me more than a half second to fly to her and hold her again and kiss her. It was so nice. Kara darling, I love you, and I love being your mommy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day!!! See you tomorrow, Mommy!!! :)

Judy Roo said...

it was a very nice day..I was also informed of my march party agenda..amelia wants me to have a birthday party next saturday...and josh is going to have a "friend's" birthday party on a friday night for his birthday and wants a family birthday at my house the next day...laughing..how could I be so lucky? see you tomorrow honey..have mommy will travel..

Judy Roo said...

adam and sara beth....soon..soon..soon..you guys will be close enough to do all these things too.......I can't wait..I just can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy

Little I can say here except you have a wonderful family, and they a wonderful Mom.

Judy Roo said...

thank you joe....I know I do..I am grateful for every single one of them every single day...

Adam Wright said...

I was thinkning of doing a post about how your 19 month old and five month old tell you they love you...following you to the bathroom, to the bedroom, to the kitchen, outside, to the dinning room always saying...dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, ....

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mommy! I got just what I needed yesterday... a little Mommy time. And we did have a good time in NY, didn't we? I would travel with you anytime!

Adam Wright said...

dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, dada,

Judy Roo said...

dear adam.......is that how a 19 month old and a five month old tell you they love you? I just remember thinking I will never be alone in the bathroom again...and it turns out I got to be alone for a few years..then I had grandchildren..davey followed me into the bathroom last weekend..he kindly asked if he could help me..it was so funny!

Adam Wright said...

Sara Beth recently said she would love one night alone in a hotel...to sleep Uninterrupted and to be able to go the bathroom alone…or at least without someone standing there saying…mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, mama, …