Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just Nice To Talk

I know it is a simple thing. I know talking on the phone is an ordinary thing we do everyday. And, sometimes, it is just nicer than ordinary. Tonight, I talked to Sarah on the phone. We talked about all kinds of things. We laughed. She told me she liked the music playing on my blog. We talked about fruit and cookies and children and being moms......all the important things in life. It was a moment. It was a moment for about forty five minutes. It was just nice to talk. I guess it is who, and not what, that makes it special. But, then, I have always known that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to talk. For an hour and 20 minutes! I look at this picture and I look so.... mature! Another word for old! Where did the time go? How did that happen? I can assure you, that when I was slouched in my chair, with one leg hanging over the armrest, talking to my mommy, that I did not feel mature! Thanks for talking tonight, Mom. I love you.

Judy Roo said...

this picture was taken the day we had a little makeup party in your bathroom...checking out different colored lip glosses and seeing ourselves in the mirror.....exclaiming over and over ... look at us! we do look alike! I told you how sometimes I look in the mirror and see my mom's face .. grandma's face..looking back at me..sometimes I see my mouth look just like hers used to and all of a sudden I know how she felt when she held her mouth like that..and sometimes I see her expressions in my eyes..now you are seeing me in your face..which means you are seeing grandma too...what a nice thought!