Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Heaven And Earth


Life is really full of simple events that make me feel like I get to live heaven on earth. Last night, for example, it was a simple phone call from my son, Adam. We talked for a while about blogging and then I mentioned American Idol was on. He said, "It is? Let me go turn it on." We ended up watching American Idol together for forty five minutes. The fun part is he is in Georgia and I am in Minnesota. Soon, we will get to watch together when he is in Iowa and I am in Minnesota. Yes, Adam and his family are moving to Iowa in June. Instead of being 2 1/2 hours away by air, they will be 3 hours away by car. What a lovely thing to look forward to!

I took this picture in 2004 when we went to Georgia to see our newest grandson, Kallsen. I believe Adam had taken us to the site where the new church building was being built. The view was beautiful. We were at the top of one of the mountains and when I saw this view and the sun shining through the clouds, I couldn't do anything except exclaim how beautiful it was. It really did feel like heaven was touching earth. Every now and then a moment is captured. This is one of them for me.

3 comments:

Adam Wright said...

What you witnessed, while on that trip, was the best view in the North Georgia Mountains. And you did what many miss out on...you looked all around, including up to the heavens, and most don't do that. You capatured what most others would have missed on that beautiful day.

One thing I'll miss about living in the mountains is the shear number of beautiful views the mountains have.

Judy Roo said...

it took my breath away adam....

Anonymous said...

Two men looked out from prison bars,
One looked down and saw the ground,
The other looked up and saw the stars.

I don’t know what relevance it has Judy.
It just came to mind when I saw your picture.

Adam has said everything there is to say…beautiful

Joe.