Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sweet Innocence


This is my birthday week and I am going down memory lane. I was only a sophomore in high school in this picture and I got to go to the junior prom with my boyfriend, Darrel. My mom thought this dress was ok because it was not strapless and not too...well...you know! Notice the little white gloves, the little purse, and the shoulder corsage. Darrel was dressed up in his sport coat and white socks and loafers. Does it get any cooler than that? We had what was called the Grand March. We all walked down the aisle in the auditorium and stood under this big star. I guess we were the stars that night. Only You by the Platters was one of my favorite songs. It was so romantic.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that nice? Very sweet. Very innocent. Very wonderful. Only you!! :)

Judy Roo said...

: ) thank you honey...it was such an innocent time and very nice, sweet, and wonderful!

Anonymous said...

As you may recall, Dan and I are really involved in Scottish country dancing, and one of the things I love about it is attending formal balls. Besides the high school prom, there are very few opportunities to really dress up to the nines and go dancing in this day and age (it's even hard to get people to dress up for weddings these days!). We even have a grand march!

Judy Roo said...

hi lara......I am so glad you stopped by and left a comment...it is true.....life has become so much more casual...and I, for one, miss the grand marches in life!