Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Life Is But A Dream, Sha Boom...

I love to dream. I think dreams can mean all kinds of things. I think our night life is often made up of things we haven't had time to think about during our waking hours. Sometimes, we come up with the best solutions to problems in our dreams. Sometimes, our dreams reveal our feelings. Sometimes, inner conflicts are reflected in our dreams. Sometimes I think dreams can be a statement about how we see ourselves and our view of life. One of my all time favorite dreams is from a long time ago, and I think it is still a statement of how I see life. I was walking and off in the distance I could see the earth opening up. There was an earthquake, and I kept saying, "Please God, don't let the earth open up under me!" And, sure enough, the earth opened up and I tumbled down down down until I landed on a plateau. And, when I picked myself up, there were all my friends having a party. It made me laugh then, and it makes me laugh today. I would love to hear about a favorite dream of yours.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dream is TOTALLY, ABSOLUTELY how you see life! That is so cool. You'd think after 38 years it would rub off on me. Close, but not quite. I guess that means you'd better keep partying! :)

Adam Wright said...

I find it interesting that not many people have commented. Maybe they all feel like I do...most of my dreams are either hard to remember or are more based on fear than anything else.

The one dream that I've been having an average of two or three times a month is this...

I'm driving our Suburban and I start to go up hill and the hill gets steeper and steeper and instead of the truck not going any more, it continues to climb. And for whatever reason, backing down is not an option and eventually the grade gets so step, the Suburban tumbles over backwards. That’s when I wake up. That dream used to scare me to no end. Now I just go back to bed. I wonder what is the cause of the dream and what it may mean.

Judy Roo said...

adam...I have some thoughts about your dream and would love to share those with you when we get a chance...

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had a similar dream 2 nights in a row this week (and I rarely remember my dreams). In both dreams I was trying to get somewhere and I found myself walking a long ways, and walking through a construction site on the freeway and through a tunnel. It was very dangerous. And then after I was too far into my journey to turn back, I realized that I shouldn't be walking but I should be driving my car. But it was too late to go back and get it.

Judy Roo said...

sometimes our dreams, and the situations we find ourselves in in the dreams, symbolize how we are feeling in a specific current situation in life...I know that has certainly been true for me..a feeling I am having is played out in the dream...I have had dreams where i have felt thwarted and unable to make something happen..when I have those dreams they almost inevitably have to do with a current life situation...the feeling in the dream is the same feeling I am having in the life situation...

Adam Wright said...

Kara,

I had a very similar dream...only I was transporting Kallsen somewhere...but he wasn't with me but I had to get him some where and the obstackes were tremendously difficult to get through. I've had that dream twice...once right before he was born and once right after...

Anonymous said...

Don't go thinking there are any more babies in my family! I know this dream is about work... it has been a hard couple of weeks. But spending some time with my Mommy yesterday helped. Thank you Mommy!

Anonymous said...

I noticed you didn't post my dream!