Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Origin Of Judy Roo

Some of you may wonder where Judy roo comes from. It is simple. Many years ago when my son, Adam, was young, he started calling me Judy roo. Call it a term of endearment, call it old fashioned fun, call it it was a way he learned he could get my attention instead of calling me mom. All my kids have done that...call me Judy because they know when they do I will hear them and answer. When they called me mom, I guess I was mom deaf. I love the ingenuity of children. When Adam set me up on my blog he jokingly said, "How about we make you Judy roo?" and so we did. Now, if you notice in the comments, my daughter Sarah identifies herself as Sarah roo and my other daughter, Kara, was not about to be left out. So she is now Kara roo. I guess we have become the family of roos. And, it makes me smile.

No comments: