Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

You may wonder why Valentine's Day warrants a picture showing the Art Shanty sign. It is because something happened at the Art Shanty last Saturday that is fitting for Valentine's Day. One of the ice houses was called the Rendezvous Cafe. The idea of it is to be a gathering place where people can share stories and in exchange for their story choose a snack such as a brownie, cookie, piece of cake, hot chocolate or cider. The stories were limited to stories about fish or Minnesota or Hawaiian waters. A young woman said she had a story to tell. She said it was about a fish. She called it a piece of history. She talked about the fish symbol for Christianity and how in the old ages a person would draw the symbol of a fish in the sand to denote they were a person of faith. It was a time when Christians were persecuted so they used the fish symbol as a way of commuicating. When I started to hear her story I smiled and knew that I would be telling one of my own. My story was about when my husband asked me to marry him, my engagement ring was really a fish pin with the Greek symbols on it symboling Jesus Christ God's Son Savior. When I was in college I lost the pin one day while walking on campus at the University of Minnesota. I literally crawled on my hands and knees in the dark feeling the sidewalk as I retraced my steps to find the pin. And, guess what? I found it! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

2 comments:

Adam Wright said...

I've noticed you took off the video link. I am interested in seeing the video, I just don't have quick time.

Maybe when we figure out windows movie maker, that will make things easier.

Judy Roo said...

hi a-j...the site I use to upload and store videos didn't give me enough space to save and use all the videos I had on my blog...in my attempt to use the two fish story videos I lost the Song Sung Blue video...so I took the fish out and kept neil in...I am hoping we can still make things work so you will be able to view my videos...we will play with windows movie maker...I still have the goal of making it work so videos are viewable by those that don't have quick time.