Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Norae Shanty

This is a picture of Michael Hoyt. As I was on my way back to my car I stopped and looked at one more shanty. On the outside of it I saw a sign that said Song Shanty. I decided to go in and see what I could see. I am so glad I did! First of all, it was warm in there and it was cold and windy out on the lake today. There were several other people in there and they were all as friendly as could be. Turns out the Song Shanty was a karaoke + ice house. Folks could stop in by car, sled, ski, or foot and have a chance to sing on the frozen surface of Medicine Lake. I wondered what I would do. Would I sing? Does Neil Diamond mean anything to you? Does Song Sung Blue mean anything to you? How could I pass up an opportunity of a lifetime? It is not every day I get a chance to sing on the frozen surface of Medicine Lake! Oh, I wanted to do it so badly! But, would I have the courage?

No comments: