Thursday, February 23, 2006

38 Years Ago

It doesn't seem possible! It was 38 years ago today that my lifelong dream of becoming a mother became a reality. From as long as I can remember I have wanted to have children. Sarah Jane was born in Houston, Tx which was a long ways from Minnesota. And, amazingly, the night she was born it snowed in Houston. I thought how appropriate that was. She was so little. She weighed only 5 lb 1 1/2 oz and had a beautiful little curl on the top of her head and a little dip in her nose. I thought babies were just born and then you took them home from the hospital. But, I learned that wasn't true. Sarah had to stay in the hospital an extra week while the doctors got some things figured out with her blood. A very special pediatrician, Dr. Plessala, helped get her on the road to good health and always called her Punkin. When we finally got to bring her home, I wrapped her in this very special little quilt. My mother's best friend, Gladys, made it for my mother when she was pregnant with me, 63 years ago. I was brought home from the hospital in this quilt and so was Sarah. Happy birthday Sarah! I love you!! Mom xo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mom. I love you! xoxo

Judy Roo said...

You're welcome honey! Happy birthday! I love you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sarah, I miss you and the boys.

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Esther Roo! Davey misses you, too! Come over any time!