Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Living In A Magical World

I read in the paper this morning that we have probably seen the worst of winter for the year and can spring be far behind? For those of us who live in Minnesota, we know that March can bring blizzards but our hope in spring is eternal. There is something magical about spring. I was having a conversation with a friend this morning about fresh sheets and how when we were children it felt so good to have that Saturday night bath, put on clean jammies and then crawl into fresh sheets. There was a feeling every time it happened. That led us to talk about how when we were young someone else created the magic for us and how the magic that has been given to us continues as we pass it on, how extremely lucky we are and how we must not let it go. I wanted to think more about what makes me and others feel magical. Spring is certainly one of them. Others are a child's laughter, eating raw cookie dough (without worrying about getting sick), coming home to the smell of food cooking, stars in the night sky on nights when you don't expect to see any, the harvest moon, seeing your breath in the cold winter air, having your pizza crust slightly burned, a child's face in the glow of Christmas lights, hitting all green lights when you are in a hurry, someone smiling at you when you least expect it and having your kite lift off the ground. When we are little others might have to create the magic for us, but I know it is possible to have that magical feeling simply by waking up and seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling and touching our world no matter how young or old we are. I would love to hear what makes your world magical!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice. It just must be so nice to be YOU!!!

Judy Roo said...

hi anonymous..your comment was the first smile of my day...thank you for making my morning already magical...

Anonymous said...

hi judy..magical moments you say..
i have to tell you of magical moments i had last night...my friend taught me to play two cords on his guitar...A minor and E minor.
fine magical moments they were.
never too late in life to learn
keep up the good work...and thanks for all the magical moments your blog gives me.
JMS

Judy Roo said...

hi joe...how great that you are learning to play the guitar...a symphony begins with one note....and you are right..it is never too late to learn...when my dad retired he went to tv repair school and took piano lessons...thanks for sharing one of your magical moments..

Anonymous said...

I like you :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for your reply and for telling us about your father taking piano lessons...well here is how i see it...in five years time we are going to be five years older and we just as well be five years older and be able to play a piano or a guitar as be five years older and not be able...learning is a great experience and never too late to do it...doing it...or not... is not going to affect the ageing process.
bye the way...thanks for not asking my age...
JMS

Judy Roo said...

hi joe..I think my dad was maybe in his 70's when he took piano lessons....and you are so right once again.....we are going to get older whether we learn new things or not.......we just might as well make the aging process fun...and i am sooooooooo tempted..........

Judy Roo said...

hi kara roo........I like you too....in fact, I more than like you....: )

Anonymous said...

sorry about the typo judy...on second thoughts...perhaps it is typing lessons i should take
JMS

Adam Wright said...

A magical moment is watch Kallsen eat a banana. And sleeping through the night.

Judy Roo said...

hi a-j.........I knew a magical moment for you would be sleeping through the night..and kallsen sleeping through the night..and parker sleeping through the night...because if they do...you do...and I will have bananas on hand in april....I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

The things that make my world magical is waking up and seeing the sun shining high in the sky, or driving to work by the light of the full moon, getting an unexpected hug from my children, meeting people and just knowing that God planned it. There are so many things. What a nice thing to think about.

Judy Roo said...

that was so nice honey....you have beautiful magical moments in your world........I knew you would think about it......and that makes me smile.......I love you...xo

Anonymous said...

A magical moment in my world was standing at the fence on the Dude Ranch in Wyoming at 6am watching and listening to 200 horses running down the Big Horn mountains towards the barn.

Another one was on the same trip, standing in the river learning how to fly fish and actually catching a rainbow trout.

Judy Roo said...

hi esther.....thank you for sharing your magical moments...I am so glad you did....