Monday, February 13, 2006

A Good Guy!! Nuisance Or Opportunity?


I was talking with a friend yesterday morning. He mentioned he had been woken up by his phone ringing at 4:30 a.m. We talked about how scary that can be. I think we all fear being woken up during the night and hearing bad news. He said when he answered no one was there. He went on to tell me that he gets these calls every now and then because his phone number is very close to the taxi service. He does not mind these calls because sometimes it is a teenager looking for a ride home. He keeps the taxi number close by and if they have no money (not all kids have cell phones) he will make the call for them. He went on to say I would like someone to do that for my grandkids...a youngster is someone's son or daughter or grandchild. He doesn't think what he does is anything special. I beg to differ. I think every parent and grandparent would love to know that there are loving caring adults in the world who are watching out for their children and grandchildren when they aren't there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came upon your post randomly. I rarely land anywhere very long while surfing, but your blog caught my attention. You seem to be blessed many times over and it goes both ways in your thoughfulness toward others.
I wish there were more like you because it would be a much better world. Just a few words of encouragement. Keep doing what you do, including singing.

Anonymous said...

Wow! nice blog & nice comment! And nice friend!

Judy Roo said...

your words do more than encourage me anonymous.....they touch me deeply!...thank you....I AM blessed many times over and I WILL keep on singing...but I will keep my day job...I hope you will come back and visit again.

Judy Roo said...

hi sarah roo...I am so lucky..I surely am..love you..xo...for those who haven't guessed...sarah roo is my daughter..someday i will post something about how we became a family of roos.

Anonymous said...

That is a great story! He sure is doing something wonderful. It is nice to know that there are people out in the world who will help take care of you (or a loved one) when needed. This one is better than a random act of kindness. You sure have nice friends! I wonder if that is because we attract people like ourselves?

Judy Roo said...

oh kara roo.......what a nice thing to say........I agree..it is better than a random act of kindness..and I do have nice friends...so do you!!! love you xo