Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Little Night Visitors


To the general eye these tracks might look like little children going barefoot in the snow. The truth is we were visited by raccoons. I think it is amazing how the raccoon's footprints look like those of a child. When we built our home, we learned that raccoons were not a lawn's best friend. When we laid the sod we woke every morning to the rolls of sod being turned up. We soon learned it was the raccoons looking for food. From that moment on it was man against beast. Tom tried any number of things to keep the raccoons away. One of his methods was to gather up my old pantyhose and fill it with human hair and tie it to stakes around the back yard. That kept me out of the back yard but I don't think it dissuaded the raccoons. Seems to me the beasts won that one!

5 comments:

Adam Wright said...

When are we going to see more posts? I know I'm not the only one that has enjoyed your posts so far...please, give us more.

AJ

Judy Roo said...

hey a-j........my computer has been back in the shop for the last several days and I am supposed to be getting it back today....once I have it back there will be no stopping me! thanks for the nice feedback on enjoying my posts!

Anonymous said...

So...I understand your computer is up and running again. And still not posting? We miss your insight. Miss your stories. Miss just reading what you have to stay.

Come On...Please Post Again!

Judy Roo said...

hi anonymous...no sooner said than done..hope you check back in and read all about the Art Shanty Project and my attempt at singing on the ice...there is just no place like Minnesota in any season.

Judy Roo said...

hi again anonymous...I forgot to say thank you for your nice comments...I appreciated them a lot!! I will be posting a new story I hope you will like.