Thursday, August 31, 2006

On Our Way To Dingle Peninsula Today

We are going to Dingle Peninsula today. It will be about a three hour drive one way. There is supposed to be some beautiful scenery along the coastline once we get there. We will travel on what they call the motorway....much like our freeways. One of the interesting attractions is a dolphin that traveled in from the ocean several years ago and took up residence. You can rent a boat and take a little excursion out to see it. I have thought seriously of swimming with the dolphin but then I think of something Sara Beth said when she interviewed for a teaching position in Iowa....."Do you really want to see me in a swimming suit?"

After we all get ready for the day, we are going to the bank to do our first money exchange. American dollars will be exchanged for Euro. I asked Joe this morning if it was Euro or Euros because I have heard people use both. He said it is Euro. They also say cent and not cents. One cent, two cent, three cent, four. Yep, I am about to break out in rhyme!

It continues to be difficult to post pictures on the blog from here. I have some beautiful pictures and I will treat you all to a wonderful picture show as soon as I am able.

I love you family and miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love being able to stay in touch with you while you are on your trip. Ah, the wonder of the technology age! Can't wait to see your pictures and see YOU!! Glad you are having such a wonderful time!

P.S. - I don't think the dolphin would mind!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I can't wait to hear about it!