Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just A Little Catch Up

Today we are going to the Aran Islands. We will be traveling by car for 2 1/2 hours to reach the ferry that will be taking us to the Island. I will get all the names later, because the truth is we must all get showered and dressed and in the car and on the way.

Every day so far has been perfect. Today is our fifth day here. On the second day, know what Joe said? Makes me laugh! He said, "Well, we made it through the first day." I know what he meant, and I also know the fun I can have with it. We have settled into sort of a routine. We get up, hang out, think about what we want to do and then do it. So far we have caught up on some sleep, then lost sleep, done some grocery shopping, eaten two meals out in two different pubs, had an irish breakfast and a tour of Dublin by Joe's friend, Sean. We have visited Joe's sisters' homes, eaten their wonderful food and experienced their warm welcoming hospitality, hugged and kissed, traveled Ireland's narrow and beautiful roads that are lined on both sides with stone walls covered in ivy. I didn't expect the beauty of the countryside. I have seen pictures and postcards, but once we left the town of Nenagh and I saw the countryside for myself I had two thoughts....There is a God! And, the other thought was how great cows look here! I know, I know....hard to live with such a romanticist!

Yesterday was one of our hang out days. Joe's friend, Pat, stopped by. We sat in Joe's sitting room, shared some food and tea and talked of Irish history and other things. At one point we got to talking about singing. I asked Pat if he would sing for us. Guess what he said? He said he he would. He sang three or four songs and promised to come back another day and sing again for us.

I said to Pat before he left, "Sometimes you have to go out to have a great experience, but today the great experience came to us!" It was so true. Little did we know that the day we needed to and chose to stay home that Pat would show up at the door and give us one of the nicest experiences we could have had. Sometimes we need to make things happen and sometimes we need to let things happen.

I have been trying to load a picture as I write, but it has not come up yet. And, I must go shower so we can get to the ferry straighaway!

3 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Sounds like your taking each day as it comes. That's the best way to enjoy a trip like this.

Kallsen loves cows. He calls them Moo Moos. You'll have to get a picture of you and Grandpa Tom with an Irish Moo Moos.

I'm going to be taking your emails, posts, pictures and Dad's audio and make a travel diary for my travel page on Find News Fast. I've already begun.

Have a wonderful time!

Adam

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!!!! I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time! And glad you're going to come home! :) ox

Anonymous said...

It just all sounds so wonderful!

I love you!!!