Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cead Meile Failte

Hi everyone! This is my friend Joe. He is the one Tom and I are going to visit in Ireland. I have known Joe for about a year now. I have come to know his family of origin and his children and grandchildren and he has come to know my children and grandchildren as well.

The words cead meile failte are pronounced kade meala faulta and it means..........

"A hundred thousand welcomes."

Joe has made me and my family feel welcome a hundred thousand different ways.

Thank you Joe! We will be seeing you soon up in the morning on Friday. Funny thing Joe. Up in the morning on Friday is what my dad always said to me when he was returning home from his travels each week.

The song that is playing is "The Spinning Wheel." It is the first Irish song Joe taught me. He sang what would be the chorus for me. Now, that was a treat!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing , Judy....you and Tom have a safe and funfilled trip. Give Joe (and Tom) a hug from me as I love giving hugs....take one for yourself as well. Have a great time!!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I love Joe.

Judy Roo said...

thanks ellen...I will hug joe and tom for you......there is a line forming for joe hugs....you are sixth on the list.....laughing...thanks for sending a comment...I really appreciate it!

Judy Roo said...

I know sarah....and he loves you too! He wishes like anything you were coming with us! xoxo...I love you!

Anonymous said...

So,if my calculations are correct, that will be twelve hugs. Six to receive and six to return. That will really be something to look forward to!! Thank you Ellen. I will certainly return you one.

I love you too Sarah. Your Mom is right, I wish you were coming too.
Joe.