Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's Still Hitting Me

For those of you who know me, you know that I like to be in each and every moment of my life. I am sitting at Joe's kitchen table enjoying Honey Nut Cheerios, orange juice and coffee. See kids, you were right! No matter where I am I find the frontage road of life! History surrounds us. We are sitting in the close vicinity of the Nenagh Castle which was built around the 11th century and I will get there too. For the moment, I am making my own history in Ireland. Right now Joe is doing his best not to interrupt me while I am trying to compose. That will be a part of the history too. In fact, I think the best stories have to do with real people in real time.

Today, we will be taking a drive to meet Joe's sisters and share a meal with them. I feel like I already know them. I have talked with all three of them on yahoo instant messenger and am truly looking forward to seeing them in person, giving them hugs and thanking them for making Tom and me feel so welcome. They all helped Joe get settled in his new home. I see their touches everywhere. Joe has done everything in his power to make his home our home for the time we are here.

Yesterday was the perfect day. It was the day I wanted to have. My laptop has not been working here. Joe and Tom did their best to get it fixed but to no avail. They have promised me they will get it fixed on Monday. I hope it works. Then my life will really be back to normal. Normal in Ireland, that is! I am smiling as I write that! I think I have thought this is a trip of a lifetime. It is really an experience of a lifetime.

Ok, kids. Joe has just reported that your father has learned that Nenagh Castle is from the 12th century, and not the 11th century. He couldn't stand not knowing so he went up to Joe's other computer to do research and get the facts. Does this bring back memories? It just goes to show, everywhere we go there we are!

If anyone is still reading, I am going to stop for now. Once I start sharing my moments I have invited you into my inner world. There will be more to come. I love you!

P.S. Tom and Joe are alot alike at times. Dad has since reported Nenagh Castle is from 1200. Joe's report is that it is from the 13th century. Now the two of them both know something they didn't know before and so do the rest of us! I love my life!

I am having such a good time!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are so funny! Sounds like you are the perfect 3some. And that you all deserve each other! :) I'm so glad you are having such a great time and are experiencing every moment. I'm glad you are there and can't wait for you to come home so I can experience more of your trip with you in person and in pictures. And in my sweater! (did you get that?)

Anonymous said...

Ok, 2 things...

First, if the castle is from 1200, they are both right, as 1200 is considered to be the 13th century!

Second, I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time! I can't wait to see all of your pictures and look forward to hearing about your trip for years to come!