Monday, May 22, 2006

With This Ring I Thee Wed

My dad stopped by unexpectedly yesterday. In the short time we had to visit, I opened up the laptop and showed him pictures on both Adam's and my blogs. It was so nice to have the laptop at the kitchen table. It meant he didn't have to walk down a flight of stairs, and he could enjoy the pictures and the music by pulling the laptop close to him. He kept coming back to the picture of my mom and me at the restaurant...and just kept saying, "Yes, that's a nice picture. That's a nice picture of your mother!" It led him to tell a story of how he bought her an outfit later in life. Cost was no object. It was simply if it fit her, they would buy it.

Pictures have power. We can't stay in the present when we look at pictures. Pictures take us back in time. It is as if we can relive that moment and feel the feelings. The picture of my mom enjoying the music captured my dad. He ended by saying, "She never gave up!" And, she didn't.

This picture is their wedding picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to grow up witnessing that kind of love. He really loved her. And she loved him. We are all very lucky.

Anonymous said...

Very nice.