Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Every Now And Then

Every now and then I am touched to the point of tears. Tonight was one of those nights. I was watching the Country Music Awards show. Vince Gill was presented the Home Depot Humanitarian award. I have always liked Vince Gill. But, tonight sealed the deal. During his acceptance speech he said he had seen a little girl running around with her autograph book. He called her up onstage. She was maybe 9 or 10 years old. She looked beautiful in a long white gown. It makes me smile. Her hair was done up like a big girl's hair. He said, "I believe she is a Make A Wish girl." And, then he gave her his award. She carried it offstage while her mother cried. Yes, every now and then I am touched to the point of tears.

3 comments:

Adam Wright said...

While I did not see the awards show, I can imagine what a moving moment that must have been.

I'm always amazed when I am moved by something I see on TV or hear on the radio. The power of someone else's actions is something to behold.

I Love You Mom.

Judy Roo said...

it was a moving moment adam..I had to come right over and write about it...it was a moment of kindness..and compassion..and generosity..and selflessness..Vince has helped earn 30 million dollars for charity.......and adam.....

I Love You Very Very Much...

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is so nice! (I didn't see the show either)