Sunday, May 28, 2006

Remembering Our Mom

It is Memorial Day weekend and we are going out to the cemetary today to visit my mom's grave. It is hot and breezy. I think she would have liked the weather today. She loved being in the air. If my mom loved anything, she loved being outdoors. Just to feel the air...fresh air.

This picture is of my mom and dad in 1934. My mom would have been 20 years old and my dad 22 years old. If you magnify the picture you will see that she is holding a snowball in her hand. I think my dad was going to be the lucky recipient of that snowball. Perhaps that is why he is holding her. At first I thought, "What a romantic picture!" But, upon closer inspection, I saw the snowball and the smile on their faces. She loved to have fun. The poem is one my father found and wrote to her in 1986.

The picture below is of my sister, Linda, and me at the cemetary.


Mom, I see you in the stars and the moon and the clouds. I love you! I miss you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great music!! Nice pictures. I love you!

Judy Roo said...

I love you too sarah....I loved the music too...it is so warm and upbeat..I think grandma would have loved it too...thanks honey..xo..