Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's In The Eyes

I had a nice surprise yesterday. Actually, I had two nice surprises. My first surprise was Kara roo inviting me to have lunch with her. We knew we wouldn't have enough time to say all the things we wanted to say. It is always true! The things we have to share always outnumber the minutes and the one hour lunch she gets. So, we talked as fast and as much as we could, threw in a lot of laughter and left the restaurant to head back to her work.

It was when we got back to her work that I saw my second surprise. I got to see this beautiful robin keeping her babies safe hidden high on a cold hard pipe. Such incongruity. I love the textures of the pipe and the nest. And, I love the mother robin and the look of protection in her eye.

As my kids have always told me, "It's in the eyes mom!"




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that something? I will let you know when her babies hatch!

We did have a nice lunch, didn't we?

Judy Roo said...

hi kara roo..it sure is something..when you enlarge the pictures you can really see her up close...I would love to know when her babies hatch and with any luck I might get a picture of some baby birds...and yes we did.....we had a really nice lunch!

Anonymous said...

nice pictures!

Anonymous said...

No babies yet!

Judy Roo said...

thanks kara.....I have been wondering....when the babies come it might mean another lunch!

Anonymous said...

We have babies!! So far I have seen 3 little naked baby heads sticking out of the nest and mama robin feeding them. It is just great!