Friday, May 26, 2006

Holly Holy...Holy Moly

I was sitting at the kitchen table this noon looking out the patio door into the back yard. I look out this door each time I sit at the table. I am getting used to seeing deer and birds and squirrels and chipmunks. But, today I saw a huge bird sitting on a branch. Then I saw another huge bird fly in with its huge wing span. And, there just yards away, were two huge owls sitting on a branch. By the time I got my camera, one had flown away, but this one stayed close enough that Tom could capture this picture of him. How beautiful is he?! I love that nature is so close to us here. I took four short videos of this lovely bird. Holy moly! I think he is so majestic! I am so lucky!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome!

Judy Roo said...

it was awesome sarah roo...

Adam Wright said...

I always love seeing owls in your backyard. There was one in your backyard a year ago May when we were visiting.