Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Why? I Don't Know

I have never seen a copy of my birth certificate until the last week. I thought I knew what to expect. I thought I would see facts of my birth such as the names and ages of my parents, place of birth, name of attending physician, etc. And, I did see those things.

In the past, I have asked my mom and dad what time I was born. By the time I asked, neither of them could remember. I expected to see the time of my birth, but I didn't expect my reaction when I saw it. There is a line on the certificate that says....

I hereby certify that I attended the birth of this child who was alive at the hour of 7:30 p.m.

I kept looking at the words alive at 7:30 p.m.
and touched them as if I were touching my mother. Why? I don't know....I just know I did and it made me want to cry tears of closeness and tenderness. I hope I have made you proud mom!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Mom.

Judy Roo said...

I love you too sarah roo.....xo

Anonymous said...

What a precious song. It sounds like it is Ann Murray. Oh, if this were the way every child was brought into this world.

Judy Roo said...

hi esther..yes..you are right...it is anne murray....and I loved the song the minute I heard it....and I agree..if every child brought into this world experienced that kind of love and nurture...what a wonderful world it would be!

Anonymous said...

And so very much alive Judy...
A life that had made a difference to so many people.

Your friend
joe.

Judy Roo said...

thank you joe........thank you..

Adam Wright said...

I'm not sure why it is...be for several days now I have been reflecting on my life, my children and on you and Dad and my grandparents. But what amazes me is how something that appears so simple can all of a sudden effect you so deeply.

I need to stop doing this and get back to work...

Judy Roo said...

I know adam..it took me by total surprise....I just kept running my fingers over the words.......I have learned to just trust when that happens....and let it just sink in......be in that moment...and dare to feel the feelings that come.....