Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sometimes It's A Stretch

Blogs are interesting things. Somedays you have lots to say because lots is happening. Is that a proper sentence? And, somedays, a girl just has to find something to put on her blog to keep people coming back. That is what my son, Adam, tells me. Today is one of those days. I am s t r e t c h i n g!

While talking with my friend, Joe, yesterday, he said a quote that I just loved. His version of it was...."The difficult takes time...the impossible takes a little longer." Come to find out I might be the last person in the world to hear this quote. It turns out it is an old army saying and there are several versions of it that have been around for years. It is a good thing I don't mind being the last person to hear these things. I guess I have hope that by my saying it here today someone else might not have heard it yet and enjoy it as much as I did yesterday.

The picture is from a visit Tom and I made with Adam and Sara Beth a few years ago to St. Simon's Island. The sign in the lower left corner says No Exit To Parking Lot and in the lower right hand corner, it appears Tom could be reading something that might help him find the parking lot. The maze of tree branches could be (in the mind of other imaginative people) simply an obstacle to get where he is going. This, of course, was the perfect picture to go with the quote. Will finding the parking lot only be a difficult task that takes time? Or, will it be an impossible task that will take a little longer? (Just so you know, I am writing this from home a few years later and I can hear Tom uptairs.)

All I know is, no matter where the quote came from or how long it has been around, I liked it! It obviously spoke volumes to me.

6 comments:

Adam Wright said...

That's a quote I've never heard. I guess I'm last...after you...

Judy Roo said...

thanks adam......I love the quote and am glad I shared it then..

Anonymous said...

and then me! I haven't heard it either. I love it! (and no, Mom, it's not a sentence).

Judy Roo said...

smiling sarah...thank you...you and I have talked today about how both of us love the quote..and I didn't think it was a sentence..but I didn't care : ) is it the rebel in me?...try not to laugh too hard please..

Anonymous said...

I am the last one to hear it!

Judy Roo said...

laughing kara roo....I am just glad we all know it now...I think it is a great quote...I have used it every single day since I heard it...