Saturday, April 29, 2006

Something To Think About


I found something on my desktop this morning that I didn't remember I had. Every now and then I click on the multiple icons on my desktop and find something of value. This morning I found something by a fellow named Walker Moore. I don't know Walker Moore, but I like what he has to say.

"As I get older, I realize there are things I didn't appreciate until it was too late. I didn't appreciate the naps they used to make me take in kindergarten. I long for the days when someone says, 'You can't work anymore until you take a nap.' I guarantee you, I won't argue."

I wonder why it is children are so excited to grow up and why adults so often long for the lost days of childhood?

Yes, something to think about.

8 comments:

Adam Wright said...

I love naps. I took a nap today. A three hour nap. Someone told me a couldn't get back on the computer until I took a nap. I didn't argue.

Judy Roo said...

laughing adam....that was really funny.....glad you got a nap...

Tom Wright said...

Not only are naps good, having a young son scramble to lie on top of you is almost as good as a nap.

Judy Roo said...

it was so cute when kallsen got on adam that day ..

Anonymous said...

I will never argue about having to take a nap. My nap was 2 hours today. I could have slept longer. I appreciate my naps now! (although I still have a hard time getting to bed at night!)

Judy Roo said...

I remember one time at kara's house sarah...you fell asleep sitting up in a straight back hard kitchen chair....it amazed me ..

Adam Wright said...

We put Kallsen and Parker down for naps at 4pm on Saturday. They slept until 7am Sunday. Now, that's what I call a nap!

Judy Roo said...

no kidding adam...wow...