Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Fleeting Spring



After perhaps two full weeks of beautiful spring weather with temperatures in the 60's and 70's, I awoke to what I hope is a very temporary return to cold weather. When I checked the thermometer outside my kitchen window this morning, it said 32 degrees. If you live in Minnesota, you KNOW the month of April does not mean spring is here, but boy, you surely hope it is. The sun is making a determined effort to warm things up and I can only hope the return to cold weather is not enough to keep my snow tires on my car!

As spring smiled on us the last two weeks, I remembered something a friend said to me several years ago. I have always liked it. Here it is.....

"Hear the seeds rubbing the winter out of their eyes and getting ready to awaken."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fortunes are reversed weatherise… Judy…If you need good weather now you will have to come to Ireland….lovely here today..
Joe.

Judy Roo said...

I am always open to alternatives joe......if I travel the world following good weather...does that make me a weather groupie? .. and as a weather groupie, I will make Ireland my first stop...