Thursday, April 06, 2006

As Long As I Can Remember

As long as I can remember, I knew one of my mother's favorite songs was K-K-K- Katy. She taught the chorus to me when I was a little girl. The picture today is of my mom when she was a little girl. When I ran across the song the other day I knew I wanted to share it with anyone who would listen and enjoy a piece of history. Aren't old pictures wonderful? The version I was originally playing was from 1918. My mom would have been four years old. I figured that would have been the version she would have heard. But, honestly, it drove me nuts to listen to it. So, I have put on a version I like better for everyone's listening pleasure. I taught the chorus to my children and to my grandchildren. So, kids....there really is a song called K-K-K-Katy. If you join in on the chorus I bet you would see grandma smiling. Every now and then, I think God puts something in my life that makes me touch my mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice. I know that's a special song. I love you and I love Grandma.

Judy Roo said...

thanks honey..I love you too...and I love grandma...I sure have memories of this song..everytime we would decide to sing songs..this was one of the ones we would sing...she always got a certain look on her face when we sang it..I know now it must have taken her back to her childhood..funny how I never thought of that before..like one of those things you know..but you don't KNOW..

Anonymous said...

It makes me smile when I think of that song! I can see the look on her face now... I love Grandma :)

Judy Roo said...

I know......such a face she had...I love you kara.....