Monday, April 24, 2006

Great Grandpa Enjoying Derek And Davey


My dad has always loved children. I have always known that. It was wonderful to be his child. I learned many things from him. I learned patience, generosity, gentleness, strength, the importance of inclusion, the importance of not hurting feelings... especially with words, and how to approach life situations with a certain confidence....that if you approach life situations with thought and a certain deliberateness, things will get done. Yes, it was wonderful to be his child and I hope I have passed on to my children and grandchildren the things I have been given.

9 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Those are the same things,

"patience, generosity, gentleness, strength, the importance of inclusion, the importance of not hurting feelings... especially with words, and how to approach life situations with a certain confidence....that if you approach life situations with thought and a certain deliberateness, things will get done."

Judy Roo said...

ad...those are the same things you were taught? help me honey...I don't understand...your mom needs some more words so I can get your full meaning...I wait with patience..I will check back in a few minutes..: ) gee..I hope I taught you the value of a sense of humor...

Anonymous said...

You certainly have! We are all very lucky!

Judy Roo said...

aha!! I knew it would get cleared up...I just heard from adam and here is what he meant to say...."those are the same things that we learned through you and dad as our parents..." he went on to say..."when I was commenting someone came into my office and I was distracted..." thanks for clearing it up honey..it happens to all of us..

Judy Roo said...

I am so glad kara roo...and boy oh boy...I am..we are...the lucky ones to have you kids .. and your beautiful families that you have brought to our lives.....

Anonymous said...

You have passed on the things you were given. Now it's up to me to pass them on to my boys.

Anonymous said...

You're fortunate to have been given such gifts and to have successfully passed them along to our kids... and that they are able to tell you so.

Judy Roo said...

sarah roo.....you are doing a wonderful job of passing things on to davey and derek....it makes me proud to be your mom.......and to have you for my daughter......your boys are very lucky!!

Judy Roo said...

thanks a..tom..ymous..: )