Tuesday, October 02, 2007

There Is Beauty In Simplicity

You know how we often think we have to leave home to see something new and interesting? When Joe came to visit this time, I thought where can we take him to show him the beauty of Minnesota.

We went to Duluth, Two Harbours and Gooseberry Falls. We visited Father Hennepin State Park and traveled through some charming little towns along the way. We saw beautiful autumn leaves as we made our way north. Lake Superior was everything we had hoped it would be...beautiful, immense, powerful and magical. It made for a beautiful backdrop for some pictures. It is one of the Great Lakes. Joe studied about it as a boy in school, and he finally got to see it and touch it.

Yet, nestled in my very own little neighborhood is another beautiful and magical place to visit and spend a few hours. I took Joe down to East Medicine Lake Park to walk the path that I have told him about for the last two years. It's beauty matched anything we had seen the week before and it is within walking distance from our home.


















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love living in Minneapolis, but really miss living on Medicine Lake sometimes. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to grow up there. The photos of the dock look like the dock in front of our old house.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I love Joe's sweatshirt!!! Will he be able to take it home?????

Adam Wright said...

Sometimes you take things for granted. Like the views in your own back yard. I sometime forget how lucky I am to live in the Smokey Mountains.