Saturday, October 20, 2007

Our Amtrak Trip With Joe Part 2

The first leg of our train trip was from Minneapolis, Mn to Chicago, Illinois. We wound our way through small towns, across rivers and past lakes. We looked out at the changing scenery as though we were seeing America for the first time......all three of us.

The motion and speed of the train gave us only glimpses of the beauty of things we don't usually think of as beautiful....rusty old train cars, homes in need of repair and trees that had seen better days.

I thought about this quite a bit. Usually a person wants to take pictures of things that look good, nice, pretty. But, somehow riding on a train and seeing what you see does look good because it is what you are seeing. All of life carries its own kind of beauty. I guess life in motion gives me a different feeling than life when it is sitting still.

I hope you enjoy seeing what we saw through the train window of our trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Judy, thank you for sharing your trip with us. I enjoy all the pictures....

Judy Roo said...

I surely enjoy sharing them too sylvia...I am so glad you enjoy them...