Monday, October 22, 2007

Our Amtrak Trip With Joe Part 3

We left St. Paul/Minneapolis at 8:00 a.m. and arrived in Chicago eight hours later. We were awed by the Chicago skyline. The sky was exquisite and served as a beautiful backdrop for the city.

The first leg of our journey was at its end. Tom, Joe and I headed into the Amtrak station for a three hour stopover. Mind you, every step of this journey was a new experience for us and one we were enjoying to the limit!

Everything we saw, heard, smelled, tasted and touched was something to exclaim over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice slide show Judy...

Abby said...

Dear Judy, I found your blog when searching for stories of peoples' trips on Amtrak as I am going to be taking Amtrak from Los Angeles all the way to Syracuse, NY in a few weeks! I'm very excited but wanted to read others' accounts of it beforehand and I really liked what you had to say about your trip and I especially liked your photos! Also, since I visited an old friend in Minneapolis this summer and was so happy to see pictures of the lakes and some of the things I did when I was there. Great blog you have! Thanks for the information!