Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Joint Post With My Grandson Joseph Age 11

I have not written a post since Tom, Joe and I left on our trip to visit our son, Adam and his family. The big question is why? Well, I think the reason is that I have really been ON the trip and IN the trip if you know what I mean. I would have had to get outside myself to do a post and finally today with Joseph's help and encouragement I am back again! Also, this may prevent him from taking funny pictures of his grandma. Ha Ha Joseph...very funny!



I am going to hand over my laptop now to Joseph who is going to try his hand at contributing to this post. Ok Joseph, my man....it is all yours!



This report brought to you by me, myself, and I. We have been on an exciting trip so far to Stumphouse Tunnel and Issaquenna Falls. Stumphouse Tunnel was built before and during the Civil War. However, it was uncompleted. The tunnel itself was supposed to be over 5,000 ft. long. The workers only got to about 2,000 ft. long. Issaquenna Falls ties in with Stumphouse Tunnel because the river starts inside Stumphouse Tunnel. The river then runs out the tunnel down a river bank under a bridge and down a cliff. Stumphouse Tunnel goes through a mountain. Well, I have seen the top of the mountain looking into the tunnel. (I was the only one to do this in the family!) On the way down I jumped down and lost my footing almost toppling over the mountain...but anyway climbing up was pretty fun. (Which almost led to a grounding of at least ten years.....says grandma)

Yesterday we (as in me, grandma, and joe) went to Wal-Mart. (We got lost on the way there because of me.) We spent TWO hours in there! Joe bought a new camera, a wallet, a few shirts, a camera bag, and some batteries. Grandma bought D-O-R-A (Dora) books for Kallsen and Parker and gave some money to mom for her birthday. She bought me two shirts and a dress shirt with a tie! Joe bought me a wallet! Joe had a great time there! Personally, I don't see who would have such a good time at Wal-Mart, but nevertheless he still had a great time there. Belive it or not Grandma didn't buy anything for herself! (Because, Joe had no money left says grandma)


Reporting for Grandma I'm Joseph Haney Seneca,SC.
Good-Bye and stay safe everyone who's reading this.

Thanks Joseph! Anyone that's reading this remember Joseph is my grandson. Here are some pictures of Stumphouse Tunnel and Issaquenna Falls!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That last sentence was written by no other than Joseph Haney himself)







4 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Nice Post by Joseph. He is a very good writer.

Anonymous said...

vilrwhzbWow Joseph did a great job! You're a great writer like your grandma Joseph. Love the pics!

I was wondering just how many shirts did Joe buy on this WalMart trip? (lol) I love WalMart too Joseph and 2 hours is an average for me in there.....

Judy Roo said...

you will be glad to know joe only bought one.....yes one......shirt and ....oh sorry...he bought two shirts..one for himself and one for his brother-in-law back in ireland...that is ok....he held himself back from buying more but I knew we were on dangerous ground..it was great fun sylvia!

Adam Wright said...

I love the last picture of Joseph as he holds off the dripping water from the top of the tunnel.