Friday, August 03, 2007

Bridge Collapses

It is with depth of feeling I write this post today. Two days ago a bridge spanning the Mississippi River collapsed and left our city, the nation, and indeed the whole world in a state of shock and grief.

My prayers are with the victims, their families, all those involved in the rescue and recovery operations, the medical staffs at our local hospitals, the unsung heroes who helped because they were there......perhaps just passing by on what seemed to be an ordinary evening.....and my gratitude for all those who have lit candles and said prayers because that is what is in their power to do.

Thank you to the people who have called or written me to check on my safety and the safety of my loved ones. I have heard from people in many states and across the ocean. Love is powerful and has such long arms.....Love to you all, Judy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes....