Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just One Line

It is Sunday morning and the thermometer outside my kitchen window says the temperature is an unseasonal mid-fifties in mid-August. Sitting with my cup of coffee at the table I picked up the September 2007 issue of Reader's Digest. My dad has given us the Reader's Digest for as many years as I can remember. I recently learned something about my dad and the Reader's Digest, but that will be a post for another day.

I started to read a story about a young man in his late 30's who suffered repeated episodes of amnesia. His amnesia was a rare form of amnesia. While his story was fascinating and captured my interest, there was one line that led me to write this post..........Aristotle believed that memory resides in the heart.......

I guess I believe, too, that what touches our hearts we don't forget.

No comments: