Monday, July 30, 2007

Marquee Message That Made Me Think

I saw a marquee along the roadside as I was driving home from having lunch with my dad last Friday. You know how some things just catch your eye and make you think?

The message was............




"Problems are a chance to do your best."

I said to myself, That is right! That is absolutely right!" I don't know if any of us want problems, but sometimes problems or challenges become opportunities to discover or realize our inner resources.

Why this picture of Derek today? Simple reason...I like it! And, it makes me think about how we can always choose to do our best, but we cannot always do it alone. Sometimes, we need to ask for help, and trust with the innocence of a child that help is always available to us.

And, there you have it....Judy's thoughts on a Monday morning just because she saw a message on a marquee on a beautiful Friday afternoon.

4 comments:

Adam Wright said...

Nice. Very Nice.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! That post is exactly what the book of James talks about in the bible. Christopher read that through a couple of times on his trip. It really speaks to him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy! I have to borrow your quote and share with my colleagues. Being in the service industry, running into problems are quite common. I've always welcomed the challenges, believing that these are opportunities for us to show our customers that how we deal with the problems are what set us apart from (and above) the competition. Thanks for verbalizing my thought so well.

Judy Roo said...

Hi Dionne......it is so nice to hear from you...I am always thrilled when one of my posts touches or helps someone..I love that you visit my blog and I smile everytime I remember our wonderful ride home from NYC in 2002..it was the shortest flight I have ever had..and the only time I have missed takeoff....and was sorry to land!