Friday, July 13, 2007

A Nice Friday Afternoon With Josh


Tom and Josh, our 17 year old grandson, have been working on setting up a website for our friend, Steve. Friday afternoons are becoming the time set aside for this joint venture. It makes me think of the old days when Josh and his brother, Christopher, and sister, Amelia, used to come over on Fridays for Science Friday. Many a Friday I would come home from someplace to see pop bottle rockets flying in the driveway or step on an alarm system as I came in the house from the garage. (They really liked that one. Seems alarming Grandma was part of the experiment!) It was all good fun and many a happy memory was made.

It is so beautiful here today. It is 77 degrees and sunny with blue skies and lovely clouds. What could be better than working on the website out on the front deck?


I come in handy too. Guess how? When I come around I say things like, "Hey, are you hungry Josh?" Yep! Tis something I learned from my mother. "Feed them and they will come!" So, armed with a couple sandwiches and some apple juice boxes I got to enjoy a few minutes with the two working boys.


Later today, Tom and Josh will be doing a bit of driving into downtown Minneapolis. Josh starts his driver's education behind the wheel training tomorrow and they want him to have had a little practice in downtown Minneapolis first.

I had only one thing to say............"That will be in your car, right Tom?" I will be staying home. Tom will do really well with this. I think you got the right licensed driver Josh! I love you Josh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Josh! What a great afternoon! And thanks, Dad, for taking my son to drive in Minneapolis! I don't like to drive in Minneapolis at all and am sure that I wouldn't have been very helpful for him! Plus I probably would have gotten him lost!!

Anonymous said...

It is a great picture of Josh! He sure is growing up!

Adam Wright said...

I see that Josh is wearing Undercover Nemo. Kallsen and Parker will love that!

Anonymous said...

Funny!

I LOVE this picture of Josh!