Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Wise Woman's Stone

I have been cleaning out some cupboards the last few days. It is amazing the things you run into that you don't know you had. Some of those things are throwaways and some of those things are keepers. I want to share a keeper with you. It is called...

The Wise Woman's Stone
A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation.
The traveler left rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.
But, a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said. "I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone."
from The Best of Bits & Pieces

The picture is from our visit to St. Simon's Island off the coast of Georgia.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent.

Anonymous said...

Excellent.

My of life Pictures said...

Hello from Northern sacramento CA Valley Thanks you for Coming to my blog i love Blogging My cousin Got me hooked on it i would love to hear more about you i have pictures when Amy Grant came to Cali for a Concert and some pictures of her husband Vince Gill Feel free to post on my blog anytime you want to

Anonymous said...

"It is in giving that we receive . . ."

Judy Roo said...

hi anonymous...I agree with you and thanks for leaving a comment..I love to hear from people who stop by and visit..