Thursday, June 01, 2006

Curves

I talked with Adam for a few minutes tonight. They were in Springfield, Illinois. He sounded tired. It was late. Kallsen was not asleep. There has been so much chaos and irregularity with the packing and the trip. Adam said they didn't get a big enough truck. They had to leave some things behind. The saddest and worst thing I think, is that their cat Pumpkinhead, escaped the house while they were packing. They looked and looked for him and finally had to leave without finding Pumpkinhead. Now, maybe, Pumkinhead is hiding out somewhere in the truck. If not, it is a sad, sad loss for them. Sometimes, life throws us curves we don't want to navigate, and yet, we have to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no.... Oh, that is too bad. Just so sad. Uh, I can't imagine. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sad. How devastating! I hope they find him. Maybe someone in Clayton will find him and let them know. That makes a very busy, chaotic time that much more stressful... and sad. I'm so sorry Adam!

Judy Roo said...

maybe david at the station can go by the house every now and then to see if pumpkinhead is sitting outside the front door or patio door...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this, but that is a good idea Judy...It would at least ease the loss of their pet to know that he had been found and was being taken care of.

Joe