Thursday, June 01, 2006

One Last Look

Well, they are on their way. They are on their way home. I know it isn't exactly true to say it like that. But, that is how it feels.

Adam and his family, Sara Beth, Joseph, Kallsen and Parker are on the road heading from Georgia to Iowa. Adam has lived on the east coast for ten years. He has become a home owner, a married man and a father in those ten years. He has gone from selling Christmas trees to being the General Manager of a radio station. He is a man. Why does it feel like my boy is coming home? I don't know. It just does.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know... it does feel like he is coming home. Home 2+ hours away! But it will be so nice to have them so close. I can just imagine how nice it will be for you to have your son home.

I can't wait to see them on Saturday!

Judy Roo said...

me either honey....we are going down tomorrow late afternoon and will meet up with them at the sleep inn in estherville....i am on my way to get food to take..i am baking a ham for sandwiches..and getting laundry done...let's all pray for good weather...we have a lot of unloading to do!!! hallelujah!! they are coming home!

Anonymous said...

That's so nice. And it does feel like he's coming home! I'm glad he's bringing his family, too!

Tom Wright said...

You said it best... You and Neil, that is. "Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies, everyone goes!!!"

Anonymous said...

Who's bringing the Neil Diamond tunes for our day on Saturday???

Anonymous said...

great great great idea kara roo....I will talk to dad and see what we can work out...unloading to neil diamond.....music in general that we would all love...see you soon honey!

Anonymous said...

As much as I hate hard work...you make me almost wish I was there to help...Ham sandwiches and Neil Diamond...What could be better...Makes me think of my own impending move...I hope it will be as exciting as this one...I will be able to manage the music and sandwiches but packing up the babies and grabbing the old ladies will be the difficult part.
Joe.