Friday, March 20, 2009

First In A Series Of Three Posts....I Hope You Enjoy Them!

Joe, Tom and I had a day at home yesterday that included a trip to the grocery store known as Tesco's. We went specifically for what Joe calls minced meat, which is hamburger to us. But, Joe tends to shop like I do, which means I go to the store for one or two items, and come out of the store an hour later about $100.oo or more poorer.

Poor Joe! Poor, poor Joe!!

Not only was Joe in the store, but both Judy and Tom were in the store.......and, I think we were all hungry which is never a good idea. Tesco's has great stuff!

It has a great selection of everything and I love the layout of the produce. I took some pictures to show you some of the shelves and also our purchases as we checked out.

In the following post you can see our shopping trip to Tesco's in a slideshow. And, in the post after that you can see five......yes five........videos of Joe making his now famous Shepherd's Pie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy, how nice of you..thanks for sharing.

You have a very good friend in Joe..and I see he is the perfect host.

Have a safe trip home and thanks again Judy ....Hugs June

Anonymous said...

What an incredibly glorious trip. Thank you for sharing this once in a lifetime experience...

Wow! You've become a travelin' woman. I hope you just keep on truckin' with these spectacular journies..

Love, Susan

Loislane2000 said...

Dear Judy,

I was so glad you posted photos of Tesco's! I always wonder how different countries shop & get their food & produce. Smoked Rashers! That was fabulous. And to see all the aisles and the shopping cart. It was really educational. I was Very pleased to see an abundance of food available. When I shop here in Florida, I always say a prayer thanking God for our wonderful bounty, even if I can't buy much of it!

Great Trip!