Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All Aboard........Our Trip To Dundrum



Judy and Tom at Freddie's home

Our trip to Dundrum was so nice. We traveled to Dundrum, which is about an hour from Joe's house where his sister Kathleen and her husband Neil live, as well as his sisters Freddie and Biddy.

We stopped at Kathleen and Neil's home for a beautiful lunch and a nice visit in the afternoon. Then we went on to Freddie's home which is just a few yards away for a lovely dinner with Freddie, Biddy, Joe's brother, Jim, and Tom and me.

Below is a picture of Joe and his four siblings at Freddie's home and a picture of Joe, Tom and me with Kathleen and Neil at their home. We will be meeting Joe's sister, Peggy, in London along with her children and grandchildren. We leave for London Thursday morning.

Everyone's beautiful welcoming of Tom and me with their open arms and hospitality will be some of our best and lasting memories of our trip to Ireland in 2009.

Joe, Kathleen, Freddie, Biddy and Jim


Joe, Judy, Neil, Kathleen and Tom

I am working at getting up to nine videos of our trip to Dundrum posted. I have been successful with four and and will continue to work at posting the rest. There is one in particular I hope to share with all of you. It is the one where we come up to the Rock of Cashel. (I don't think that one got posted yet...)

The videos are large enough that I may have to switch to plan B to get some of them uploaded. Keep checking and I will do the best I can this evening. We leave for London tomorrow and I am not sure I will be able to post while we are gone.

We will return to Nenagh on March 17th, one day after I turn 66 years old. How lucky am I? I must have been born in a field of shamrocks! I hope the videos take you on the journey with us from Nenagh to Dundrum. What I don't get posted tonight I will post later.

Below are four videos I was able to upload. I hope you enjoy the trip to Dundrum.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Mom! I love the videos. I can't wait until we get to go to Ireland, too! Joe's "accent" is much stronger when he's home. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures! I miss your updates! We will try to call you tomorrow for your birthday. I love you!