Thursday, November 22, 2007

November Sunrise And Sunset

I love the sky. I can see the sunrise from the window in my fireplace room. I can see the sun setting from the window in my formal dining room. When I drive to work I am always aware of the sky. Trips to the grocery store or Walgreens give me reason to watch the sky and see what it is going to show me that day. Will it be whimsical clouds or a brilliant full or crescent moon that will capture my attention?

The sky to me is a never ending story. A few mornings ago I was making coffee and the sky began to turn pink. I ran for my camera and drew open the patio door drapes, opened the patio door and stepped out onto the back deck to be greeted by this beautiful sunrise.



And, tonight, Thanksgiving night, as I was cleaning up the kitchen I turned and saw the sun beginning to set in the sky and shine its light through my dining room window. What a beautiful world we live in.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I love you family and friends and wish you all blessings of the season!

3 comments:

Adam Wright said...

I hope you and Dad had a great Thanksgiving. I, too, love to look at the sky.

In the past I remember going out of my way to see what was going to be a beautiful sky...sunrise and sunset.

Judy Roo said...

we had a nice thanksgiving..it was quiet but nice...just the two of us...I remember you telling me you used to look at the sky too..I drove grandpa home today...he was at linda and dave's for the week and on the way home from chaska the sky was just beautiful...it was golden and pink and light blue..just beautiful again...

Anonymous said...

Judy, your grandchildren are priceless and so is your husband. What a neat thing for him to do. Loved the "drive" up to your house.