Thursday, November 22, 2007

Before I Forget..........


I was going to let my previous new post stand alone, but I wanted to tell this story before I forgot it.

It was around Halloween time, and Davey (Punkin to me) asked me to come to the bathroom with him. Well, important conversations happen in the bathroom. Punkin and I were talking about something, and I called him Punkin like I always do.

He looked at me very seriously and said, "Gramma, you can't call me Punkin anymore. I am not orange. I am not green. I am a boy. Look at my body!"

I tried not to laugh and asked him what I should call him. He said I could call him Davey W______ W_______ Punkin. So, that is what I called him. As of two days ago, Nov 20, 2007 I have been instructed to call him David Davey W_____ W_______ Punkin.

The phone rang today, Thanksgiving, and I said "Hello." My little Punkin said "Hi, gramma!" I said, "Hi, David Davey W_____ W_______ Punkin!" He laughed and seemed glad I remembered. We talked for a while and then the light snow we got today seemed to invite him to go outside and before we said good bye he said to me, "Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrr!" And, off he went to share his joy with the outside world. Happy Thanksgiving David Davey W_____ W______ Punkin! I love you! xx

Love,
Gramma

(This picture of Punkin is from September, 2007. I think it was taken on his first day of pre-school this fall. I don't know where the time goes. I just know it is going fast.)

No comments: