Sunday, November 25, 2007

He Said, "I'll Be Busy"

Punkin (Davey, who is 4 years old) calls me just about every day. When he called me yesterday he said he wished it was his birthday. He is going to a little friend's birthday party today, and when that happens, he always wishes it was his birthday. I understand that.

He said on his next birthday he was going to be five. I asked him if I could come to his birthday party and he said, "Absolutely!" Well, needless to say, that made me feel pretty good. So, I asked him if he would come to my next birthday party. He said, "Hmmmmmm, no. I'll be busy."

So, his mom Sarah said, "What will you be doing Davey?" He said, "I'll be cleaning the house." I asked him, "If I have a cake, would you come then?" He said, "Hmmmmmmmmm, no I'll be cleaning the house."

It still makes me laugh. I'm not sure how I will get him to my birthday party. He is so funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Davey was very good at the birthday party today. He wanted to walk in and tell the mom he wanted cake right away. He didn't, though. He went in and told the birthday girl "Happy Birthday", and when we left, he said "Thank you for inviting me". He was perfect today. I was proud to be his mom.

Judy Roo said...

that is so nice sarah roo...he is a good boy and is learning such wonderful manners...I bet you were proud to be his mom!!