Sunday, November 25, 2007

Kind Of An Interesting Thought

You know how they say youth is wasted on the young? I suppose that means when you are young you don't truly appreciate the freedom you have....the time you get to play and be carefree. You take life for granted maybe.

What about the thought I just had.......wisdom is wasted on the old. You can't take your wisdom and live your life over. You can't go back and do things over. There are some things you just don't get do-overs on. And, often the young don't want your wisdom. They want to get their own wisdom.

Perhaps if we mix our wisdom with the spirit of youth..........and make it a point to live life to its fullest each and every day....perhaps if we lift our awareness to the point where we not only live life to the fullest....but appreciate it every single day and give thanks for it....maybe then our wisdom isn't wasted on the old. And, the young people in our lives will be inspired by our example....not our words....our example as we live our lives not taking it for granted.

I have no idea if this makes any sense or not. But, there you are...you have been included in my early morning thoughts on a beautiful, crisp, sunny November day.

(The picture is from the Corn Maze last October, 2006. I think it shows exactly what I am thinking about this morning. You see me on the left at 64 years of age, my dad on the right at 94 years of age and Davey on the bottom at 4 years of age.)

No comments: