Friday, March 09, 2007

Welcome To America Joe!



I can't believe it! Joe is here! Joe is in America! We started counting down at 139 days and in the blink of an eye we were picking him up at the airport on a beautiful 37 degree Minnesota winter evening. Even though we live half a world apart, he has always said he is just a day away. Yep...even though we are half a world and three airports apart, he is just a day away!

For those who don't know where Joe is from, he is from Ireland. Tom and I visited him last fall 2006. It was our first trip to Ireland, and this is Joe's first trip to America. Seeing our life and our world through his eyes and experience is really wonderful! I know we were told many times when we were in Ireland, that Joe, his friends and family would never look at their country in the same way. How easily we take for granted the beauty of where we live and the things we see each day.

Joe, we are so glad you are here!

I'm sorry Joe. I had to post the pictures even though you said, "Judy, no, no, no." After traveling for hours and navigating Dublin and Chicago O'hare, where I was concerned you might get lost, I think you have never looked better. You are alive, well, healthy and HERE!

Welcome to our home and our world!

2 comments:

Adam Wright said...

I sure once he got off the plane he got a boost of energy. Long time air travel is not easy. It took me 11 hours and two planes to get home from Alaska...then they lost my luggage.

Anonymous said...

Like I told Joe in person, he is even CUTER in real life! I was surprised I recognized him across the airport, but I did!!! And ran and screamed down the hall until I hugged him!! I'm so glad you're here, Joe!!!